- Amy Adams has earned an impressive five Oscar nominations in nine years. However, time is not on her side. Despite Cate Blanchett’s win it’s still not the norm for a woman to win an Oscar after the age of 40.
- American Hustle had a brief peak. Ten nominations is impressive but not winning a single one shows that there was actually little long term support for the movie.
- The Oscar clip for Sandra Bullock showcased how undeserving her performance was of an Oscar nomination. Gravity was just a thriller.
- People’s reaction to Matthew McConaughey’s speech is interesting. It’s his moment, he can say whatever he wants, what they should be upset about was that he won a all.
- Steve McQueen made history as the first black man or woman to win a Best Picture Oscar. I predict that at some point he’ll also be the first to win a Best Director Oscar as well.